Tips for building immunity during Covid 19
Your health is of great importance and so I would like to share some tips with you for building up your immunity to keep away the Covid 19 virus by taking the following measures. These are in addition to the social distancing and frequent washing of hands with soap & water or alcohol based sanitizer.
(Please note that merely having roti/ rice with dal, etc does not give you the full nutrition which vegetable and fruits can give you.
- Never let your throat go dry as the infection starts form the throat. Drink warm water frequently during the day preferably with a little lemon as this keeps away dehydration at least 10-12 glasses of water should be drunk during the day.
- As the PM, Shri Narendra Modi also highlighted Ayurveda is very important to our health. Take at least one spoon of Chayawanprash in the morning and if possible one spoon of Chayawanprash before going to bed.
- Lung exercise is very important to buildup immunity and therefore deep breathing and exhaling at least 6 times in the morning helps to exercise the lungs. Healthy lungs help to protect you against the virus.
- General exercise through yoga and walking helps to buildup general immunity. A Common target recognized worldwide for good health is to walk at least 10000 steps in a day. This could be split in to walking around 5000 steps in the morning and around 5000 steps in the evening. Walking can also be done inside your house from one end to the other and does not necessarily need for you to go to a park, etc.
- Eat fruits and vegetables at least 3 times a day. It is important to eat the seasonal fruits and vegetables available like bananas, Kharbuja, watermelon, khira, carrots, mooli, etc, as that also helps to buildup immunity.
We all are aware of or have read about the above tips but the important thing is to put the above tips in to practice on a day to day basis so that you can enjoy good health and protect yourself from virus and infections.)